Holes

Holes

Monday, February 6, 2012

A really nice book by a really succesful author


I finished the book and this is going to be my last entry. It will be about the style of Louis Sachar.
The book was quite good, I must say. I liked Louis Sachar’s writing style very much. Well, this is a children’s book, but it wasn't bad. The sentences were simple and easy to understand. Its simplicity made it sometimes also funny. Some may say it was boring, but I don’t think so. It’s maybe because I’m an English learner. Anyway, the book was easy to read. I do care about this when I read a book, because it makes you read the book or just leave it. There weren’t any unnecessary descriptions and extreme long and confusing sentences. Furthermore, I think the dialogues were written good. The kids in the camp speak in a way like bullies do and the Warden is “polite”. I mean, the characters were pictured well. I am also impressed by Louis Sachar’s creativity. For example, “Stanley Yelnats” is a palindrome. Or, everybody calls Hector as Zero because he is “nothing” but it’s also an abbreviation of his last name (Zeroni).
So, that’s all (at least for this book). Goodbye and thank you for reading my blog!
203 words

6 comments:

  1. nice analysis, you ought to be proud :)By the way, the novel you just read is not a children's book at all but a YOUNG ADULTS' book - so perfectly suited for your age group. :D (see the comments on my last entry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Okay Ayşegül I don't know why you care about this so much but thanks :)

      Delete
  2. you analysised the book well and I agree with you. Louis Sachar did a good job with connect the stories and create characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You analyzed the book ver well. I thought like you at some points. I also enjoyed reading your whole blog. Thank you for writing this perfect blog! :D

    ReplyDelete